Friday, October 11, 2019

Sock

The socks David ordered arrived.  Blue and squishy,

It looks like it is pretty easy to fit it over the head without removing anything to do so - so I did.

Then I noticed that it wasn't seating well.  On further inspection I discovered there was a lot of melted filament (technically known as "gunge") stuck to the face of the heating block.  I turned the heat back on, and tried to wipe it off without burning my fingers.  I found that some slightly abrasive lens wipes were the most effective.  They are impregnated with alcohol which might have helped - I hope that's not a bad thing.

FItted the boot and re-ran the TreeFrog - the one that failed with "Thermal Runaway" last time I ran it.  This time I used absolutely bog-standard parameters supplied by Prusa for Generic PLA.

As usual, the temp sank on layer two.  The temp for layer 2 is supposed to drop from 215 to 210.  In fact it dropped to 205 and then recovered in about a minute.  So far so good.

Issue

After each print quite a bit of gunge builds up around the sock hole and interferes with the next print.  Seems important to clean the sock off every 2/3 prints.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tourbillon Project

Tourbillon Project I was interested to push the limits of 3D printing... basically for the hell of it, and to distract me from being indoors...